What does the 'Outlet' concept mean?
- An outlet is a term strictly speaking for a store that sells products below normal prices. In our case that is '(far) below normal prices on Curaçao for the same quality of furniture'. This is possible, among other things, by purchasing residual stock, removing links from the purchasing chain and by keeping operating costs as low as possible (including through limited storage, few staff and the emphasis on a professional webshop instead of a large store). .
- What are we not? A full service concept with very wide margins. The stores that charge more for the same items do not just do this and often offer many service options surrounding the sale of their product (possibility of discount, free delivery, generous return conditions, service center, loading assistance, etc.). This is of course included in the price. Our prices are the best possible prices that we can offer and sometimes save many hundreds of guilders with providers elsewhere on the island. On the other hand, we place greater emphasis on your independence.
Do you regularly receive new items?
- Yes! We replenish the store every week with often new things and every 6 to 8 weeks there will be a greater change in supply (sometimes more tables, then more cupboards, then more chairs).
Do I get a discount if I buy more?
- We have thought about this for a very long time. Are we going to increase all prices by +/- 10% so that we can give a discount? Or do we really stick to the lowest possible price? We opted for the latter. No so-called promotions, no devised of/for prices, no calculated discount margins... Just the best price straight away, no-nonsense, clear and concise. It is also fair, because otherwise people who order via the webshop will normally pay more than people who ask for a discount in the store.
Do you also sell...?
- When we open, we mainly sell mango wood tables, some mango wood cabinets, chairs and accessories. As previously indicated, we regularly receive new items. So what we don't have now, we may have in 6 weeks and vice versa. However, we will not be selling beds, sofas and electronics for the time being.
Do you still sell second-hand items?
- We have stopped selling second-hand items. Only a batch of Villeroy & Boch tableware is still in the store (not in the webshop), because it fits very nicely with the mango wood tables.
ORDER, PICK-UP & DELIVERY
How can I order my furniture?
- You can easily order online via our website.
- You can visit our showroom and place an order there. This is open on Wednesday to Saturday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM and is located at Granaatappelweg 131.
- After placing your order you will receive an email (check your SPAM) with payment instructions. You then transfer money by bank transfer to an account in NAF (MCB or ORCO).
- You pay for the order immediately after placing the order via your internet banking app. Is the payment not received after a maximum of 48 hours? Then the order will be cancelled.
- Are you paying via a foreign account and is the money likely to take longer than 48 hours? Send us a proof of payment by email (email@example.com) or whatsapp (+5999 5666322) so that we know it is coming.
- Unfortunately, the banks in Curaçao do not yet offer a good, equivalent option for IDeal-like payments in a webshop. What is available, we think there is no better alternative than transferring it yourself via the Online Banking App on your phone (trusted, safe, free and quick). The order confirmation email contains all the information you need for this.
- Of course! On Wednesday to Saturday you can pick up your furniture yourself from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at Granaatappelweg 131. Bring enough muscle power to load your car yourself. If possible, we will of course lend a helping hand. But if it is very busy we cannot guarantee this.
Do you offer delivery?
- At the start of our new store we have a promotional rate of NAF 50 for deliveries that can be made by 1 person (ground floor and consist of, for example, 8 chairs, 1 table + 6 chairs, etc.). We deliver chairs and tables disassembled, new in box and you must assemble them yourself.
- We work together with SMS moving service to offer you a trusted and high-quality delivery service for larger and more challenging deliveries. SMS Removal Service works independently of Franks Spullen and you make (price) agreements with them yourself. The rate of SMS Removal Service starts at Naf 65,- and they work with delivery zones.
- It is also possible to use your own delivery service. They are welcome during pick-up times on Wednesday to Saturday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- In both cases, contact the carrier immediately after placing your order, because the order must be picked up within 5 pick-up days.
How long will it take for my furniture to be delivered?
- If you have opted for the special promotional rate of NAF 50, we will deliver your order to you within 5 opening days in the morning. We will of course contact you about this in advance.
- Do you engage a transporter yourself? You agree on a day and time with this party. Your order must be picked up/delivered within 5 working days. You are responsible for coordinating this properly with the delivery person.
Is there loading assistance at the pick-up point?
- You must provide sufficient manpower yourself to load everything. If possible, we will of course lend a helping hand. But if it is very busy we cannot guarantee this.
What if my furniture arrives damaged?
- Please contact us immediately and also let the carrier know. If the damage occurred during transport by the external party, they are responsible for solving this. Damage caused during manufacturing is borne by Franks Spullen.
- We can no longer process damage reported days or weeks after delivery. See also our returns policy
Can I change my order after I have placed it?
- Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss any changes. Please note that orders must be paid within 48 hours and collected/delivered within 5 working days.
- Changes after payment are more difficult to process and may incur administrative costs (such as transaction costs or exchange rate differences when returning money). We will settle this with the amount to be refunded.
Do you offer international shipping?
- Yes, we offer to deliver orders for surrounding islands to Don Andres in seaworthy packaging (fees apply). You must arrange (and pay for) your own transport directly with Don Andres. At Checkout, select 'I will arrange transport' and send us an email or WhatsApp message explaining the situation. See also this page for further explanation.
What happens if I cannot collect my order from the external delivery partner within the specified time?
- Please contact us to discuss whether it is possible to collect the items a little later (1 or 2 days). This option will depend on our storage capacity at that time.
Can you store my order for a while?
- No, this is not possible. We can keep the prices we ask for the furniture so low because we also keep our operating costs as low as possible. No surcharge for sold goods is a consequence of this.
- Tip: it is often possible to temporarily store items with acquaintances or to place them in 1 room of the house to be purchased/rented in consultation with the owner/landlord.
What happens if I am late to pick up, but have paid?
- This depends on the situation, but if we have not heard from you at all within 5 opening days, we will cancel the order and the products will go back on sale. You will receive an email from us requesting that you provide your bank details so that we can refund the amount. You will then receive your purchase amount -/- after €50 storage and administration costs.
Can I order specific products (not standard in the store) from you?
- If it concerns larger quantities per item (10 or more) and it concerns mango wood furniture or chairs, we can specifically order this order with a subsequent shipment. Please take into account a delivery time of 5-6 months. We require a 50% deposit.
Do you deliver to projects?
- Yes we do! We can place custom orders for large orders. We can even have existing furniture models adapted to your unique needs. See also the Projects page . Please contact us if you would like to discuss this option.